Do I need to make a planning application?

If you want to build in your back garden, or convert your house to flats, or turn a shop into housing, convert your front garden into a car park or make a loft extension you should consult the local planning department.

They will be able to advise you about any planning permission you need for any changes you wish to make to property or land you own or lease, and how to go about it.  Before you talk to someone you can find out more on the Planning Portal website.